If you are struggling with website reporting and analysis, do not worry, you are not alone. Organizations worldwide face similar struggles and all, including you, have a solution to tackle it to improve your marketing analytics!
Salesforce recently released how they overcame the issues. Although they have a dedicated marketing analytics solution for website reporting, one that offers high customization levels, they were still struggling. The customized solution was quite effective for advanced analysis but slowed down tasks quite a bit when generating basic reports. The reports were also complex and not so easy to decipher by all the stakeholders. Some other challenges included the inability to natively integrate with google ads or analyze parallelly against other paid channels. Marketers were also grappling with viewing and measuring user experience, and journey across multiple Salesforce owned websites. Overcoming the challenges called for a change. Salesforce thus used the Google Marketing Platform to switch to a web analytics solution that would be extensive and flexible. This was done via Google Analytics 360. Additionally, Salesforce also established a strategic partnership with Google.
How Salesforce tackled the analytics challenge:
- The data and platform strategy team surveyed internal users.
- The survey was intended to assess what the internal users expected from an analytics solution. It also aimed to identify existing issues and expectations in terms of support and resolution.
- The team came up with a simpler framework for analytics
- The restructured framework also focused on making the data accessible to the average end-user
- The team utilized the capabilities of the existing platform as opposed to the previous strategy of building newer and customized frameworks
- Salesforce’s CRM data was integrated with Analytics 360 and Search Ads 360
- The new solution was following user expectations and aimed to tackle existing issues
- The restructured framework minimized the complexity in terms of access and reporting
- It focused on data democratization
- More complex frameworks were not built. Existing capabilities were utilized instead
- Analytics 360 helped enhance the web experience, and track user journey’s across various marketing channels
- Analytics 360 can also be integrated with Salesforce marketing cloud and thus facilitates personalized customer email journeys
- Search Ads 360 made it possible to track and optimize media purchases based on user interactions logged in Analytics 360
- Salesforce now delivers customized and engaging customer experiences by thoroughly utilizing the capabilities offered by Google’s Marketing Platform and the potential of Customer 360 Platform
Salesforce’s achievement in terms of digital marketing analytics:
Salesforce’s digital marketing analytics capabilities have grown leaps and bounds post moving to the Google Marketing Platform. The implementation of Salesforce’s Analytics 360 has made reporting possible across all Salesforce-owned sites. It makes it possible for teams to access insights using self-service web analytics easily.
Traffic sources are now a lot easier to identify using auto-tagging and product linking capabilities of Analytics 360. It makes it easy to identify effective paid media efforts. Reporting and analytics are a lot more accurate, user-friendly, and data-rich. This helps allow teams to devise targeted campaigns.
If you are ready to leverage the solution discussed, we are ready to talk to you!