As part of the applications development discipline, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by leveraging CGI Web Promises. Coordinates with users to determine requirements. Codes, tests, debug documents and implements complex software applications. May coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs. Functions as technical lead and acts as liaison between business units. Provides training, direction, and oversight to other team members when it comes to projects and daily activities. May be involved in 7-by-24 production support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works independently with business line partners and senior management to gather requirements, develop, design and test of CGI Web Promises configurations and customizations
- Manages complex scale application development with integrated databases and complex integration interfaces that aid the business line in managing complex data storage, processes and reporting needs.
- Acts as a liaison to define business requirements and/or problems, designs of a new application and initiates maintenance of existing programs and designs of a new application.
- Follows organizational Project Management discipline including requirements document through production implementation.
- Creates detailed project plans, work tasks, target dates, etc. for projects.
- Provides troubleshooting and problem resolution for business application software products.
- Conducts capacity and scalability planning for all application and reporting systems.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation for all programs developed and supported in an efficient and timely manner and according to departmental standards and procedures.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to enhance the effectiveness of Collections technical solutions.
- Maintains current applications by analyzing process flows, researching issues and implementing system changes.
- Is highly motivated, self-directed, team oriented, Customer focused, and has the ability to reengineer highly manual business practices.
- Demonstrates proven knowledge in one or more application or system.
- May be involved in 24x7 production support on-call rotation
- Works to increase industry and technical knowledge through daily work responsibilities and available resources.
- Understands and evaluates multiple project interdependencies.
- Acts as a technical mentor to junior team members.
- Manages Change Control process consistent with client processes and policies, including the logging, tracking and implementations of changes.
- Takes ownership of audit processes and works to implement their resolutions.
- Acts as a liaison with internal IT support teams to assist in the completion of successful projects.
- Facilitates code review meetings among development team.
- Acts as liaison for security requests and process.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable experience, with 4-6 years of related experience.
- 3+ years specializing in CGI Web Promises with integration to IBM MQ, IBM CICS, IBM DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience developing and configuring Web Promises on IBM AIX, IBM IHS, IBM MQ and IBM WAS is preferred; experience in Open Source alternates such as Linux, Apache, JBOSS etc. would be an asset
- Experience developing Java web applications under J2EE utilizing Web Services
- Full working knowledge SDLC methodology preferred.
- Experience with managing change control processes in an IT environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, with ability to prioritize and multi-task successfully in a deadline-intensive environment.
- Experience in Agile or Kanban methodology would be an asset
- Experience developing in a DevOps environment with the following tools preferred
GitHub - versioning
Jenkins – continuous build and integration
Jfrog Artifactory – object repository
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on and support multiple projects at a single time.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like.
- Extended viewing of CRT screen.