Quality Engineer Job Description:
We are working together with a government agency to develop and test multiple programs and applications. We are looking for a qualified Quality Engineer with at least 6 months hands on, practical experience to test multiple different applications.
Quality Engineer will:
- Design, create and build test plans, and necessary phase gate checklists for multiple software platforms.
- Collaborate with the Development team(s) to understand requirements, develop test cases and manage the test scenarios on new and existing console platforms.
- Communicate, prioritize, execute and track execution of manual and automated tests, record defects and issues appropriately, and recommend corrective action whenever required.
- Facilitate functional testing, regression testing, UI testing, and performance testing for all features.
- Work with engineering teams to find root cause failures on short / tight timelines.
- Provide development team(s) with suggestions for UX improvements when needed.
- Other projects as needed.
- 6 months experience with relational databases
- 6 months experience using an issue tracking prdocut such as Jira
- 6 months expereince performing manual testing
- Experience working with a scrum-based or agile methodology is a plus
- Experience with automation testing and utiliziing tools such as Selenium and/or Protractor is a plus.