As part of a cross-functional Agile development team, the SDET’s primary role is to ensure quality through delivery of test automation best practices. Responsibilities include developing new test automation code using various automation tools and frameworks, maintaining existing test automation code with a high degree of quality, leveraging strong software design and test automation principles, and using personal ingenuity and creativity to find new ways to test software solutions.
The SDET works hand-in-hand with all members of the Agile team to determine customer and product requirements and their applicability to product code and test code. They also perform manual testing when needed. They must continually partner to openly exchange ideas and opinions, elevate concerns, and follow quality policies and procedures as defined by th client’s quality governance standards.
The SDET should be a top-tier communicator, a champion of Quality, and seen as a leader in the Agile Scrum room.
Own- Own and be accountable for test strategy, test planning, and test execution within the product team
Code- Implement high-quality, reusable, maintainable test automation code using various automation tools and frameworks
Triage- Efficiently reproduce reported software problems, analyze data, and work with other team members to quickly remove obstacles
Problem Solve- Resolve difficult issues, often times with little information, spanning across multiple applications
Develop and Organize Tests- Create structured, clean, and cohesive test cases for all new features and/or functional changes in the software, organized into repeatable test suites
Document- Ensure testing activities always grow collective team knowledge through strong documentation and notes
Build Expertise- Build a deep understanding of the client's products and services while sharing testing knowledge and best practices with all members of the Agile team
Research- Study emerging test tools, trends, and methodologies that will enhance existing systems and processes
- 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance and Testing
- Experience developing automation frameworks and test suites
- 2 years’ experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with front-end automated testing in Selenium Webdriver or an equivalent
- Experience with application life cycle management tools such as Jenkins, GIT, Version1, Quality Center
- Experience developing and testing iOS and Android mobile applications
- Experience establishing and maintaining API and Services automation frameworks
- Experiencing establishing and maintaining mobile device automation frameworks using Appium and/or Quantum
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Undergraduate degree or equivalent with 3-6 years of experience.