Our Client who is into providing Higher education services needed a data analytics services to leverage existing data integrations and data warehouses used for statutory reporting and adhoc data/analysis requests and expand into data visualization, data science/diagnostics, and predictive modeling.
- Provided data visualizations, analytics, and predictive modeling that leveraged the existing and future data warehouse for the client’s System as a baseline source of data
- Provided suite of services that provide industry-leading set of dashboards, metrics, campus- and system-level performance monitoring, and key performance indicators (KPI) for higher education with materials results within four (4) months of the Effective Date of the awarded contract.
- Such dashboards included but not be limited to admissions, enrollments, financial aid, student success, budgets, and finances.
- The dashboards had a clean, easy to use User Interface (UI) that is accessible to users with little-to-no training.
- The dashboards run natively on a variety of web browsers on both desktop and mobile devices without the need to download additional plugins or apps.
- Provided the dashboards that are responsive and mobile friendly when viewing on smaller screens
- The solution had a sophisticated access control model that enabled the following levels of access to the dashboards and other UI components:
- System-Wide Aggregate – A “system wide” dashboard that has completely aggregated data that allows client and campus users to see trends and compare key variables among institutions. The product we suggested was able to mask small cells to maintain privacy for those affected populations.
- System-Wide Unit Record – Provided a select set of authorized users at the system office to have access to drill down into unit record data for more detailed analysis.
- Campus Aggregate – Provided Individual campus users to have their own set of dashboards that contain only their campus data, which would be used to compare in aggregate across departments, colleges, etc.
- d. Campus Unit Record – Provided a select set of authorized users at the individual campus level the access to drill down into unit record data for more detailed analysis.
- Provided a workspace where “power-users” can create, customize, save, and publish their own ad hoc reports within the prescribed workflow and security model.
- Provided System-wide technical staff and analysts direct query access to get all campus data directly from the product’s data model.
- Campus-only – Provided Individual campus technical staff and analysts direct query access to get campus-specific data directly from the product’s data model.
- Solution compliant with a SAML2 as a Single Sign On (SSO) solution.
- Provided detailed documentation of ETL processes, metadata/data dictionaries and other relevant information needed for users to understand the derivations and meaning of the produced dashboards, visualizations, and reports.
- Provided a strong data rights framework, particularly with respect to the prevention of data misuse, such as fraud, marketing, or other third-party access without authorization by participating institutions.
- Provided a process for archiving and/or destroying personally-identifiable information in conformance with participating institutions’ data governance policies and subject to applicable federal and state laws, particularly as they apply to non-administrative reporting of student information
- Provide sufficient training materials and hands-on training for power users and other relevant user populations needed to ensure successful implementation.
- Built a strategic relationship with a vendor to support the goals of the client’s system and become a national leader in higher education data analytics.